Wednesday, May 21, 2008

In the words of Jen Zug, "I think I'm throwing up a little in my mouth..."

Little did you know with the title above that we would be discussing American Idol 2008 finals! And, yes, fully knowing that my husband thinks I'm taking this a little too seriously, I have to say that I have never in my life seen such Flagrant pimping from the judges. And frankly, I'm not sure I understand the reasons why. In my mind, the mind of a consumer, I would think that David Cook is the bigger money maker with a more definitive radio-friendly sound. David Archuleta, who arguably has one of the most accurate and pure voices to ever grace the AI stage, is a "crooner". When was the last time you heard a guy sing a cheesy ballad on a top 40 station? And, yes, people. My radio is often tuned to top-40. I have kids and I can't always be listening to talk radio, NPR or alternative adult contemporary folk/rock. Besides, sometimes I actually enjoy it! And I would enjoy it even more if David Cook was on it!!!! Someone who takes more risks with his song choices and arrangements and is old enough to make those risks and choices on his own (without parental interference). I have a feeling I am going to be disappointed tonight.

No comments: