Thursday, May 15, 2008

My new favorite thing...

And I am NOT getting paid by anyone to say this (although those of you who try it and end up saving thousands of dollars in pedicures, may want to treat me to lunch... I'm just sayin').


A while back I saw this little device being reviewed on some morning news show and was surprised by the fact that it looked as if it actually worked.


Now, I am a barefoot girl. I hate shoes and the shoes I do like to wear are ones I can slip on and off very easily (didn't go so well living here in Indiana in the winter after being used to San Diego weather). Because of my distaste for covering my feet in soft socks and closed shoes, my feet are very tough and rugged. This means that on the rare occasion that I can get an extended amount of alone time and the funds to get a pedicure, the poor nail tech has to work a miracle to get my feet to look pretty and feel soft.


Fast forward to yesterday as I was picking up prescriptions at our friendly neighborhood WalGreens. Sprinting through the aisles my eyes glimpsed the PedEgg display on an end shelving unit with a SALE sign directly above. The SALE sign is what made me stop. I thought, in a impulse buying moment, "wth?" and threw one in my little basket.


Let me tell you, people... it is worth it's weight in gold and so much more! I cannot rave enough about the results... I will be saving SO much money on pedi's!!!!! My feet are like new... they feel fabulous and I am one happy little thrifty mama.

6 comments:

jen said...

This is way too funny, because Bryan just brought one of these home for himself (he needs it, trust me), and I was all "Ped Egg?! What the heck is a Ped Egg?!"

Now he's going to tease me yet again for approving of something he likes ONLY after one of my girlfriends concurs.

Ha! I can live with that.

Christine said...

This has gotten me all excited this morning. For I am a barefoot girl too with rough feet. But also one who won't treat myself to an expensive pedicure. So this gives me hope! I just might have to pick one up.

Thanks, Melissa! Enjoy todays barefoot weather!

justme said...

i think some other blogger wrote about it and loved it as well. damn i might have to get me it !!

check out my giveaway if you can !!!

Khara Brooks said...

It's the little things....

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I just may have to check this out. Hate socks and shoes so my feet are like leather!! LOL

Annie said...

I love your blog! I also love love love the Pedegg. I live in the desert and it is saving me so much money in pedicures:) Thanks!