Saturday, April 26, 2008

Today's Adventure

Here’s some pictures from today’s adventure. For those who don’t know, yesterday afternoon I had a call from my Dear friend, Rita, asking me if I would be willing to sing the National Anthem for an appearance by Hillary Clinton at Covelesky Stadium (home of the South Bend Silverhawks). Without much time to get nervous, I agreed. Here’s the proof! (disclaimer: participation in this event does not constitute an endorsement on the part of Melissa Baldwin. Side bar: although I must say she is much softer in person and not as cold as her television persona)
Shaking Hillary's Hand



4 comments:

deichmans said...

So very awesome! But I am troubled by how few of the "fans" had their hands over their hearts in the photo with you singing (about 20% by my guess). And they give Barack grief about not wearing an American flag pin on his lapel!!!

Can't wait to hear the audio!

Khara Brooks said...

Heh, the soldiers holding the flags looking like they're eyeing your butt. Sorry...I had to. I'll bet you sounded great!

In response to the above comment, I too am one of those "non-patriotic types". I guess I don't see it as a big deal, personally. Maybe when our government gets it's act together I'll feel a little more inspired.

Diane said...

WOW! That is so cool! Were you nervous? Man, I'd be a wreck. 'Course, I can't sing, either. Ha! I'd also love to hear the audio!
Have a good Monday.

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

How very cool! I am glad you were feeling well enough! And you looked fabulous!!