Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Why I'm Not Crazy About UNICEF...


I know. I know. Believe me, I know that UNICEF has done some fabulous humanitarian work. However, the fact remains that they have an aggressive anti-international adoption stance. They seem to prefer that a child grow up in an institution (orphanage) in their own culture than with a forever family in another culture. To give you an idea of why I have issues with Unicef, I'd like to share with you a blog post by The Joint Council on International Children's Services. It will explain a lot!


1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

Melissa,
YOu are the winner of the book One Million Arrows from my blog giveaway a few weeks ago. I finally am getting caught up for a bit. THank you for your patience, I have been caring for a friends children and spent some time in the big city taking care of them during this illness and long road that my dear friend, Marsha faces.
Drop me an email at quiltnmama2@gmail.com with your address and I will get your package in the mail soon!
thanks for stopping by my blog and registering.
Blessings,
Gayly
quilt-n-mama.blogspot.com