Thursday, February 07, 2008

Brief Bragging Blog...

I am so proud of my son, Landen. God has gifted him with an amazing intellect and brilliant creativity.

Yesterday he came home from school and handed me an invitation to a Recognition Breakfast...for this morning! He apologized for the late delivery, explaining that when he received it initially he was confused because he knew he hadn't gotten a 4.0 last semester but that his teacher yesterday told him that it must be for another reason and he should attend.

So...we all got up before God this morning. I ushered Isaac and Emma out the door to catch the bus and Maddie and I, along with Landen, headed over the the middle school. Even after we arrived Landen was not entirely convinced that he was supposed to be there. I assured him that there must be a reason...maybe they were honoring the general honor roll as well as high honor roll. Anyway...long story short...Landen was honored for his I-STEP scores, Indiana's statewide testing program. He had the second highest math scores in the school (and we're not talking about a small school here), the highest score in Language Arts and a perfect score in Writing! I am thrilled for him!
Now, if we can just get him to turn in his homework...

3 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Oh the proud mama! You should be proud! That is amazing!

TheologyMom said...

That is incredible...you deserve to brag...

Unknown said...

Wow! Way to go Landen. And way to go Melissa and Larry for encouraging Landen in developing his intellect *and* creativity.